South West Mountain Sports – Website Content Manager
Salary – £20,000 – £25,000 dependant on experience
A fantastic opportunity has arisen in one of the UK’s leading outdoor retailers. Winner of a number of prestigious awards and currently rated as one of the most trusted companies in e-commerce. If you enjoy working in a fast paced environment where change is a constant and innovation is always round the next corner then you will fit in well here.
We are based in south Somerset where the cost of living is low and the quality of life is high. Miles of quiet lanes await the keen cyclist and just a short drive to the coast are the climbing hot spots of Swanage and Portland. For those interested in more traditional sports there is a huge choice of good Football, Rugby, Cricket and Hockey clubs with teams playing at all levels.
Essentially the role is not a million miles away from selling products on the shop floor but instead of using the spoken work you will be using the written word. You will be expected to be able to communicate the features, advantages and benefits of outdoor products in a way that can be easily understood by the customer. Fabrics, features and technologies are constantly changing and keeping our content up to date accurate and relevant is a big part of the role.
- Producing written content for our websites
- Overseeing the Blog and our social media strategy.
- Plan and implement email marketing strategy.
- Attend domestic and international trade shows.
- Understanding of outdoor products.
- Good creative writing skills.
- Knowledge of the outdoor market.
- Able to use Microsoft office applications, primarily word and excel.
Useful but not essential skills:
- Adobe Photoshop, basic skills.
- Understanding of search engine optimisation.
- Experience selling outdoor products.
In return we will offer a great salary, generous holiday entitlement, cost price outdoor gear, and best of all for those of you in retail – Weekends off.
Please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com . Closing date for applications is 31st July 2013